I've been transferred....

The assistants to the president told me a couple of things that I thought about for the whole flight. As I thought about those things it felt as though heaps of responsibility was coming upon my shoulders. When the plane landed and I walked off, I took a deep breath of the Alice Springs air. And right when I did that a wonderful spirit came over me comforting me and giving me confirmation that I am supposed to be here.

Hello my family!!!
When I landed in Alice Springs I was picked up by the Zone Leaders and they took me to the senior couple's for lunch. Then after that they put me in the car and sent me out bush. We drove many hours on un paved roads out to aboriginal communities. Then we sleep out there. These people are very peaceful and very shy. They have a very different culture then normal. There forms of communication are different as well. They use lots of hand signals. A whole fourth of my mission I was trained to look at people in the eye when I taught and also when I listened. But Its a sign of aggression in there culture so now I am being trained to not look into their eyes. The Aboriginals hunt animals mainly Kangaroos. Throw them on the fire for a little while then eat them. The Kangaroo Tail is the best part. There is a lot of meat on that part. The work is very very succesful up here with baptisms happening everywhere. We drove into a community and two people that I have never met came and asked us if they could be baptized!!! There are only six missionaries (not including the senior
couple); me; Elder Gould, who is from bountiful, Utah; Elder Talaki, who is from tonga; Elder King, who is from Samoa; Elder Saddler and Reiri, who are from New Zealand and are Maori!!! Since there are so few of us in this area we do trade
offs all the time and all of us need to be unified. The area looks like a desert with some trees. The sand is red. And I love it. The little Camry's wouldn't be able to handle it up here so we have trucks. I love it up here all is well... except that I got a little sick. But all is well. I love you's!!! Keep going strong!!!
-Elder Kyle Clark

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

it's been a long time.....

There has been a lot happening in the Clark family lately:

Bryan and Christy and Ethan are safely in Vermont now. It was a tricky getting them there, but we did it. Bryan and his Alex drove the car to Vermont. They left on Sunday afternoon and arrived Wednesday morning. And Christy and Ethan flew to Boston where they met Bryan. Then Alex hopped on another flight out of Boston and headed to Long Beach California. From there he flew to Las Vegas and then finally to Salt Lake.

Kyle was transferred. He is now in Alice Springs, which is right in the middle of Australia. If you have ever watched "Kangaroo Jack" it was filmed in Alice Springs. Lots of red sand, not alot of vegetation. He will get to work with Aborigiones which will be interesting.

Kristi and Dario are expecting a baby on February 21!!! Yay!!! She went to her first doctor appointment today and was able to see the babies heartbeat.

And Alex has his driver's license and is driving everywhere. It is nice that he can get himself to and from his practices and games now.

2 comments:

  1. i need to go watch kangaroo jack now! and i still can't believe dario and kristi are having a baby, it still doesn't seem real! ethan will finally have a cousin! i think they are having a girl, everytime i think of them with a baby, its a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Elder Clark's family. It is great to see some letters from Elder Clark. My son, Elder Lott, and Elder Clark were companions in the MTC and are now companions in Alice Springs. You can read his letters at www.elderlott.blogspot.com.
    Hope you have a wonderful christmas.
    Brett Lott brettsandy@charter.net

    ReplyDelete


Ethan loves his Uncle Kyle and Uncle Alex!


He loves Aunt Kristi too!